In this role, you will optimize the current portfolio of health and lifestyle products, while creating the vision and strategy to execute on a future Purposeful Product Portfolio designed to enhance the lives of our senior citizen customer base. Through Product Lifecycle Management, Vendor Management, Market Analyses, and Merchandising Strategy, the Director of Product Management and Sourcing will play a critically important role in the success of our mission.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
Product Lifecycle Management
· Develop structure, create processes and manage new product development and our new idea funnel, existing product quality and enhancements, and discontinuation and SKU rationalization
· Create the business plan and market strategy for new products and line extensions, and execute the projects from concept to launch
· Create a multiyear Portfolio Strategy with emphasis placed on “why” each product exists and informs our mission
· Create thought leadership, educational content, and training materials to broaden awareness and understanding of our Portfolio for both external and internal stakeholders
Sourcing and Vendor Management
· Manage key vendor relationships both domestically and internationally
· Contribute actively to demand planning and inventory management activities including working cross functionally to develop forecasts as well as assisting with logistics coordination and vendor fulfillment
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
· 7+ years of progressively relevant experience in Product Management, Merchandising, Sourcing, Inventory Management in consumer products
· Healthcare or DME product experience is very helpful
· Flexible, Adaptable, able to think strategically, while also being able to roll up your sleeves and execute on the plan, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
· Proficient at project management and senior management communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively with a variety of people and departments. Ability to work cross-functionally, and influence with and without authority
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains strict adherence to the organization’s policy on confidentiality in all matters and other business information about the organization.