In this role, you will oversee and organize the daily operations of firstSTREET. The Director of Operations will specifically oversee warehouse management, manage new and developing centers of excellence around Returns Processing, Parts, Procurement and Technical Support and Repair Centers, and will be responsible for managing our supply chain and logistics resources. Collaborating with Product Management and Sourcing, you will also contribute to efficient supply chain management including international and domestic logistics and fulfillment. Whether creating policies or entire departments, the Director of Operations will make all decisions through the lens of a relentless focus on our senior citizen customers and will thus play a critically important role in the success of our mission.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
· Oversee safe and effective management of 12 employees (and growing) in a busy 25,000 sq. ft. warehouse
· Oversee accuracy of and processing for all inbound and outbound inventory with proper prioritization and sense of urgency
· Create and execute on new process maps, warehouse layout, and machinery/equipment to facilitate efficient flow of pick, pack and ship, as well as inbound inventory
· Recruit, onboard, train and schedule warehouse associates
· Facilitate and execute on an efficient, effective returns processing and disposition policy
· Supervise warehouse staff to ensure operations flow smoothly, coaches and enforces procedures, and motivates performance.
· Establish and enforce safety standards and policies in compliance with legal requirements.
Parts, Tech Support and Repair Department
· Facilitate creation of parts diagrams for all firstSTREET products
· Create and organize a clean, functional and profitable parts area and department within the warehouse
· Work cross-functionally with Sales and Customer Service to communicate parts availability, technical support processes and Repair timelines and costs
Supply Chain and Logistics
· Coordinate with Product Management and Sourcing departments to forecast inventory, and manage and execute appropriate purchase orders to domestic and foreign vendors
· Oversee and coordinate with our Logistics team all inbound and outbound freight quotes, including overseas container loads, domestic drop ship from manufacturers, outbound shipping, Return to Vendor, and third party white glove delivery services
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
· 10+ years of progressively relevant experience in Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics
· Flexible, Adaptable, able to think strategically, while also being able to roll up your sleeves and execute on the plan, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
· Proficient at project management and senior management communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively with a variety of people and departments. Ability to work cross-functionally, and influence with and without authority
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Maintains strict adherence to the organization’s policy on confidentiality in all matters and other business information about the organization.